[GEM-dev] loop-y question

tigital tigital at mac.com
Sun Jul 27 23:16:06 CEST 2003

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 04:50  PM, guenter geiger wrote:

I think I understand what you are trying to do, but I fear that this
> is not possible yet (I may be wrong, I actually never looked to closely
> at the new implementation.)

I don't know if you have access to a mac with pd on it, but I put up a
binary of the latest GEM cvs for OSX (mainly to test the FTGL stuff),
and it has some "hidden" objects/geos like [cubeArray], [kasser], and
[tunnel], which I pulled out of some demo examples...I haven't
committed them to cvs because I feel they would be better as
"abstractions"...

> If I understand correctly it should not be too hard to implement this
> "looping" feature based on the new gem scheduler.
>
> Currently a gemlist gets only drawn once.
> It is possible to write a simple object ("gemloop" or the like) that
> triggers "n" of these redraws
> (just like the part_render does) and at the same time has a second
> outlet
> that tells you the number of the redraw. This way you could built more
> complex geos with just one gemlist ..

...pardon me if I missed it before, but where should I look to figure
out the gem scheduler stuff?  I also wonder if this would allow for
processing of still images?  I'll definitely take a look at
part_render...

thanx,
jamie