[GEM-dev] releasing today ?

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Wed Dec 3 18:18:05 CET 2003

At 9:34 AM +0100 12/3/03, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
>hmm, my english seems to have decreased: what exactly do you mean by
>"sign off" ?
>if you mean, everybody should get the latest sources, compile it
>(with all the flavors (s)he likes) and test it (again), i perfectly
>agree.

exactly.  i made a few minor little changes last night that should
only affect OSX, but check them out on linux etc.

>>where binaries will be hosted?  remember, there are 3 different OSX
>>GEM's (G3, G4, G5)!
>
>well, i guess, the simplest place would be at the iem [gem.iem.at
>and ftp.iem.at/pd/Externals/GEM] as the central place.
>of course, i would have no rejections if there were (partly) mirrors
>spreaded all over the world ...

maybe have sourceforge host the binaries as well?.  i don't know how
many people actually go to that site, but since it is the official
repository for the CVS it might make sense to have releases there.
hey, it's free bandwidth too!

i can build the release binaries over the next few days and test them
out by friday.  i will let you know when they are up on my page.

cgc