[GEM-dev] Next week?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri May 14 09:37:56 CEST 2004

chris clepper wrote:
> On May 13, 2004, at 1:51 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

> I have one question about imageStruct::reallocate() though.  Should the
> comparison be size != datasize instead of  size < datasize?  I would
> expect the buffer to resize whenever there was a need to change it.

well, i consider that there is "no need" to change it, if we already
have enough memory allocated.
i haven't yet run out of memory just because of this.
and then there was this memory-alignment work-around (which i have
removed for now because i've often got weird results == offsets in
image-processing) which would not guarantee that the actual size of the
buffer is equal to the requested size (but of course, you should never
get less memory than requested).

so there are no real objections against removing the "<"-condition in
favour of the "!=", but i am not very convinced that there is a real
reason to change it.

mfg.as.dr