[GEM-dev] Next week?

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Wed May 19 18:19:45 CEST 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 12:10 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> James Tittle II wrote:
>> On May 19, 2004, at 11:18 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> ...so, it's committed, and needs to be checked (especially on other
>> platforms), because it's a bit different than the previous version:
>> I think the images stand out much better, but I may just be seeing
>> things :-)
>
> actually i was not very convinced : i remembered pix_halftone to be
> kind of grey and now it turned out so colourful ;-)

...d'oh!

> i have removed the hardcoded shifts and replaced them by SHIFT_* (yah,
> i know, this is also hardcoded, but kind of platform-independent)
>
> now it works (on linux), but: are there vertical stripes of lower
> intensity intended ? see http://iem.at/~zmoelnig/GEM/halftone/ for
> what i mean

...sorry I didn't get the shift's in there right off the bat...as far
as the vertical stripes, it looks the same here:  that's why I held off
committing it...I'm guessing that there's something wrong with the area
averaging, but I haven't found it...in any event, it seems better at
getting an image across than the previous method?

>> ...so, I've also committed a "ChangeLog" generated via "cvs2cl
>> --accum":  I think it's a great resource for figuring out what we've
>> gotten ourselves into!
>
> cool.
> i especially loved the "initial check-in" ;-)
> joking aside, it's good to have such file (and even without
> initial-checkins it is still 170k !!!

...yep, we've typed lotsa stuff in the last year and a half...so, maybe
it's time to figure out who's buying the virtual celebratory beer?

jamie