[GEM-dev] Making multiple gem curve3d objects seamless

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jul 22 22:18:46 CEST 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, B. Bogart wrote:

> To get around the issues of curve3d matrix size I'm hoping to use
> multiple curve3d objects to create one surface. The biggest problem I'm
> having is makes the curve surface seamless. Even with variable overlap
> between "patches" I always see the seams. :(

I don't recall using curve3d. Is it a cubic Bézier? if so, then the
condition for a curve of coefficients $1..$7 to stay "C1" (that is, both
continuous curve and continuous slope of the curve) is to have $4-$3 =
$5-$4 (for all x,y,z). Is that right? I mean that's I recall from drawing
Béziers with CorelDraw, Gimp, Sketch, etc. right? (they enforce that so
that moving $3 also moves $5 so that $3,$4,$5 is a straight line of
equally spaced points)

If the above hint is right, then can you apply this to _bicubic_ Béziers
instead ?

,-o--------o--------o--------o-. ,---. irc.freenode.net #dataflow |
`-o------------o-------------o-' | | Mathieu Bouchard (Montréal QC) |