[GEM-dev] TextBase class

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Tue Aug 30 19:20:10 CEST 2005

Hallo!

> otoh, TextBase generates a string out of the incoming list anyhow.
> it does not care whether the "\n" is a separate symbol or hidden within
> a symbol: "bi \n ba" is the same string (on the TexBase-side) as "bi"
> "\n" "ba" (using " " as a separator).
> both should result in:
> "bi
>  ba"
yes, of course ...

> (but none is "bi\nba"!)
hm ... I don't really undestand that ... you mean "bi\nba" should not
result in
"bi
  ba"
?

> and i do think [linebreak] is a better name than [maxchar] ;-)
that's it - thanks!

but anyway, I think I will let it as it is for now ... because list
parsing stuff would be again much additional work (I can forget all the
vector+string stuff then ... :(

so maybe I have time to put it in TextBase this evening, please let me
know if you think that's for nothing ...

LG
Georg

> mfga.sd.-r

http://grh.mur.at