[GEM-dev] GLEW and pix_texture

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 25 17:37:33 CET 2006

chris clepper wrote:
> On 1/25/06, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
>

>>i was thinking of including glew in Gem, as it is really just 2 files
>>(glew.c and glew.h) and regenerate from time to time.
>

> It also does runtime checking, which is the real reason to use it on
> the two more sane platforms.  GLEW would probably make the code easier
> to read, and I'm definitely for that!

yes, i think we all agree here.
(i was just saying that i would like to not link against a precompiled
glew-version but rather provide glew with gem (like the particle- and
fiducialtracking-library))

and once we are there, we might be able to make the code for
[pix_texture] readable, although it might still be a complicated (right
now it is way beyond catastrophic).

>>well imo __APPLE__ should mean PowerPC and MacIntel....and nothing else!
>

> That is my point: right now we use __APPLE__ to mean code that should
> be big endian and that's not the proper use of that define.

isn't it great to think alike :-)

mfga.sdr.