[GEM-dev] Re: Windows and MacIntel binaries

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 18:21:01 CEST 2006

On 9/14/06, chris clepper <cgclepper at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/14/06, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
>
> > last time i checked it did...wait...yes, it still does not crash when
> > the object is created without a filename (or no filename at all).
> >
> > and you are right, my quick test for existence calls the object without
> > arguments.
>

> I'm having trouble getting file handling not to crash even when using an
> 'open' message.  Perhaps it is some MS vs Unix file problem?  In debugging
> some of the pointers just go bad and I haven't discovered why yet.

The crash is in glCreateShaderObjectARB and it crashes only when there is no
GL context.  After creating a context it gets past that.  This usually isn't
a problem on Windows like it is on the Mac, but looks like the GLSL code is
actually following spec this time.  Do we create a generic context like on
the Mac for Windows (and possibly Linux)?

Also, the object is spitting out garbage float values for the shader IDs
now.  This used to work!?!

cgc