[GEM-dev] best way to wrap opencv library for noob

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri May 18 01:31:08 CEST 2007

On Thu, 17 May 2007, nosehair911 at bellsouth.net wrote:

> It seems as though the artengine cvs and the gridflow page is down.

Ok, I just fixed the gridflow anonymous cvs, which has been down since
monday evening, because I had to reinstall artengine.ca and forgot to
reinstall it. (However, this disabled the non-anonymous cvs and I have to
figure out why)

The GridFlow page was down from Monday to Wednesday for other related
reasons, but if you have tried today it should have worked. Else could you
please send me more info about it?

> Where can I get the latest gridflow incliding your patch called
> #labeling?

It should be working right now. from extra/, do:
mkdir gridflow
cd gridflow
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.gridflow.ca:/home/cvs/gridflow
cvs login
cvs checkout .

> I would like to get this going.  Does your #labeling patch output blob
> coordinates in a matrix style?

For each blob it outputs one scalar for the number of pixels in the blob,
a vector for the centre of the blob, and a matrix for the variance of the
blob. The variance can be turned into a standard deviation made either of
xx, xy, yy components (cartesian), or long radius, short radius, angle
(polar), if you use appropriate math objects. After sending this for every
blob, it outputs one blob in index colour where each blob has a different
colour and the background is 0. The input must be a binary image made of
only 0 and 1.