[GEM-dev] ./configure: line 8733: pkg-config: command not found

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jun 3 11:46:48 CEST 2007

hi

Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:

> FTGL is built using xcode on Mac OS X, so there is not autoconf to
> make a ftgl-config or ftgl.pc.  I hacked together a ftgl.pc in the
> Fink package, so that's what it's using when it builds successfully
> from a login shell.  There is no ftgl-config in the fink package.
>
> "pkg-config --cflags ftgl" and "pkg-config --libs ftgl" both work as
> long as /sw/bin is in the path, so that pkg-config can be found.

thanks for the clarification.

>> i don't think it is a good idea to add arbitrary paths to
>> configure.ac (but i will have to read the literature on how to
>> handle this)
>
> I am pretty sure that literally adding this line to somewhere near
> the top of configure.ac will do it:
>
> PATH="${PATH}:/sw/bin"

i do not doubt that this is correct.
otoh, i could also do something like
PATH="${PATH}:$(find / -type d -exec echo -n \{\}: \;)" will make it work.

i am sure that the latter is a bad idea, and i do think that the your
solution is not much better: adding arbitrary paths to a script like
configure might be fatal.

in the meantime you could set configure's path explicitely from outside:

> PATH=${PATH}:/bin/sw  ./configure

or even better: set the path for the entire make-process of pd-extended:

> cd /bi/ba/bo/pd-extended/puredata/packages
> PATH=${PATH}:/bin/sw  make

mfg.asdr