[GEM-dev] help with glsl abstractions

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Sun Sep 1 11:57:06 CEST 2013

Le 01/09/2013 11:40, Jack a écrit :
> Le 30/08/2013 01:51, Antoine Villeret a écrit :
>> good job !
>  > could be very useful !
>  > I have some too (to replace pix_movement for example)
>  > what is your working repo ?
>  >
>  > +
>  > a
>  >
>  > --
>  > do it yourself
>  > http://antoine.villeret.free.fr
>  >
>  >
>  > 2013/8/28 Jack <jack at rybn.org <mailto:jack at rybn.org>>
>  >
>  >

>> > sound good.

>> > no.

>> > wouldn't it be easier if you just forked the repository, and made a
>> > pull-request via github?
>> > i really love the decentralized aspect of git.
>>

>> > mgfd.gasda
>> > IOhannes

>> I started to make seven abstractions glsl_*.
>> I would like to be sure, with the example attached, if i am on the right path.
>> Comments are welcome.
>> ++
>>
>> Jack
>>

> So I create an account on Github where I fork Gem.
> I don't know if i do it according to the rules. Tell me if I have to change something.
> git://github.com/Jackovic/Gem.git
> I put a 'glsl_abstractions' directory in the 'help' and don't know if it is the best place for that.
i think there is 2 options :
-consider them as Gem object : putting them on the abstraction folder, making specific help file and changing makefile in order to install them
pro : would be like any other Gem object
con : need to be maintain

-create a examples/14.pix_glsl folder and put everything inside
pro : less work
con : harder to find

i'll vote for option 2 : there is already directory 11.obj_exporter and 12.multi_screen_projection that are in the same situation.

cheers