[GEM-dev] anti-aliased [text3d]

Jack jack at rybn.org
Wed Apr 16 11:49:53 CEST 2014

Le 16/04/2014 10:45, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> On 2014-04-15 20:42, Jack wrote:
>
> > Le 14/04/2014 15:40, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :
> >> i've just committed an updated version of [text3d] that has a
> >> kind of anti-aliasing built-in.
>
> >> it uses textures internally. the size of the texture (and thus
> >> the bluriness) can be controlled via the (revived) [precision(
> >> message.
> > The precision message depends on the gemwin dimen ? If precision=1
> > then the texture size is the size of gemwin ? If precision=2 then
> > the texture size is the double size of gemwin ? etc. ?
>
> if so, then i guess it's a bug.

I don't know, it was just a guess.
What is the behavior of precision on antialiasing then ?

> >> let me know, whether this change breaks any patches.
> > Why, the default is [antialias 1( ? Should be [antialias 0(, no ?
> > Because it will break patches...
>
> this depends on what *you all* say.
> if it will break indeed "a lot" of patches (whatever a lot means), i
> will revert the default to antialias=0.
>
> but i would prefer if we could use the antialiased version as the
> default (as i expect it to be more useful in general).

Hmm, people who used to use FSAA message to manage antialiasing for
their fonts, will have something different in the 3D scene. And people
who applied texture on their fonts, won't be able to apply them.
So for me it is important to have [antialias 0( as default.
++

Jack