[PD-dev] GEM-0.87b1 for OS X released

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Mon Jul 8 18:31:57 CEST 2002

Thank you James,

The OSX port is looking very good. Are you starting to take bug reports
yet? anyhow here are a few initial observations. the "dimen 640 480"
message to gemwin does not work, always opens at about 400x400. the gem
window also seems to open under the main titlebar, so if it does have its
own titlebar then I can't see how to move it. I've opened up a few of my
own patches and they work great!

I'm running on a dual450 and a single 733 both with 512MB ram. The 733
has the new NVidia card in it. on both machines it seems to run very
slow. noticably more jerky than on the Linux machine (PII 350 with 128MB
RAM and Geforce2 MX400) Its definatly slowest on the 450, with the ATI
card.

I'll be teaching a workshop on PD/Gem in about a month. They only have
one PC so I was hoping to be able to use PD on OSX, now thanks to you I
can run another Gem session. Thanks for all the time and effort
(especially helping me with my own OSX compilation issues)

Thanks
Ben