[PD-dev] GEM-0.87b1 for OS X released

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Tue Jul 9 01:58:54 CEST 2002

Just to clear up the CVS issue: I had come across the cvs repository of an
old GEM for OS9 project and had mistakenly thought it was a (newer) OSX
archive.

Great work on the OSX port.  I will have a play with it as soon as I shovel
the snow off my desk (metaphorically speaking).

and I'm very keen on a GEM CVS repository... ideally with some space for GEM
externals.

I've rewritten the NT film loader, fixed a couple of bugs here and there and
written some extra objects which I'd like to contribute as soon as things
are set up.

When I get a chance, I plan to rewrite the NT film loader again to support
type 1 and type 2 DV files - for convenience as much as anything else.  I
think that it should also be possible to support realtime DV input using
[pix_video] with a similar code base.

As an aside, has anyone used the accumulation buffer under openGL?  I was
hoping that it would offer a fast way of doing image arithmetic but it seems
dog-slow on my nvidia geforce2go... have tried the usual approach of trying
a variety of buffer formats etc, but to no avail.  (By slow, I mean ~500ms
to do a glAccum(GL_LOAD, x) and glAccum(GL_RETURN, x));

Daniel