[PD-dev] Re: PD externals Debian packaging

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Nov 18 23:12:58 CET 2002

Hi,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> I have checked in a debian directory in the pd externals CVS which should
> make it possible to generate debian packages directly from CVS.
>
> currently there are generated:
> pd-externals:  single externals, including ext13, ggee, and others
> pd-zexy:       the zexy library
> pd-flext:      flext library
> pd-osc:        the OSC object

Cool. I did manage to build it this way, and I'm thankful for a
cleaner install. I will have to find all my old externals now,
though.

Some observations/bugs:

* OSC.pd* does not end in in pd-osc, but in pd-externals. pd-osc is
  practically empty here. I'm not sure, what causes this
* zexy can't find g_canvas.h.
* there is a "../doc/" in build/linux/makefile, that is not found:
install-doc:
        @test -d $(prefix)/lib/pd/doc/5.reference || mkdir -p $(prefix)/lib/pd/doc/5.reference
        # build fails here:
        cp -r ../doc/* $(prefix)/lib/pd/doc/5.reference

> in order to build the footils, it would be the best if I had some
> general makefile in the footils directory.
> I can do it, but I would be happier if you would do it.
> You can await that there is an already compiled flext library
> in grill/flext, and compile/link it against that.

I changed the flext externals to use CVS-flext. I also started a
footils toplevel Makefile now, but actually I cannot write Makefiles,
I always copy->paste->fix my makefiles, so if someone would give me a
helping hand here, I would be thankful.

This is the current makefile on pd-CVS :(

#!/usr/bin/make -f

all:
	make -C flext-iiwu
	make -C shabby
	make -C syncgrain

clean:
	make -C flext-iiwu clean
	make -C shabby clean
	make -C syncgrain clean

# install: ???

Regarding rx7~: This is a nice external, but it is a hell to compile,
because currently one needs to build the whole rx-saturno program first.
Until I extract the necessary source files from rx-saturno, I would
say, that rx7~ isn't really buildable at the moment. So it is not
suitable for inclusion into a pd-externals package IMO.

BTW: Is there a pd-0.36 on sourceforge, yet?

ciao