[PD-dev] Re: [PD] Re: [PD-announce] PiDiP version 0.6.1 [ motion detection ]

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Fri Jan 10 14:10:28 CET 2003

> having all the code available as C or C++ will make it much easier
> for someone to port.

i started working on separating the mmx stuff from the rest of the
code. now a c/altivec port looks a bit more feasible.

> there is really no point in doing libquicktime on OSX since it has
> the real thing <snip>

if you want to have a go, please do!
i am preparing the code so at least the framework will run compile and run
without mmx, with some modules doing nothing. so if you want to give it a
try, let me know.

> so tom, how are your altivec skills?  i'm going to dive back into it next
> week.

ready to be tested :) i've never gotten to actually write ppc assembly though.
but porting my mmx stuf to altivec seems not that hard. i think all mmx
instructions have a mirror in altivec (and more). the only thing that would
change is the vector size, the rest can be solved in the c glue code
upstream..

tom