[PD-dev] SourceForge "Donations"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jan 22 06:36:30 CET 2004

So now SourceForge has set up a method of getting donations.  I think
we should really utilize this feature, but of course we need to sort
out how first.  I am thinking that it would probably be easiest and
most effective if the donations were targeted, i.e. a Pd Dev puts up a
post saying "I will do X if you give me $xxx", so it would be project
based.  Then it would also sort out who gets the money.  But I think it
would be great if there was a Pd general fund, then we could use that
to pay people for past work, or pay people to do work that needs to be
done, but isn't getting done.

I would love to give up my day job and devote that time to hacking on
Pd.   I am sure many of you feel the same.  The hard part is getting it
all set up so that its fair and effective.

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                     -William Carlos Williams