[PD-dev] "tracking third-party sources" in cvs

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Mar 21 03:47:44 CET 2004

Hallo,

> Basically, the code from the original source is maintained in a
> separate branch, while we work on the MAIN branch (which is the
> default).  Then we 'cvs import' new versions from the source into that
> separate branch and merge changes into the MAIN branch.

This sound cool, without having read this.

I'd like to announce another idea I had tonight while out clubbing
(forgive me, if it doesn't make sense because of this...)

I wonder, if an "installer" branch would make sense. In this branch,
the package maintainers could make changes that ease packaging, like
for example unifying variables in Makefiles and so on. Later this
could be merged to upstream.

Good idea?

ciao