[PD-dev] problem with inlet and outlets

Pontus Nyman f97-pny at nada.kth.se
Thu Jun 24 18:54:28 CEST 2004

Hello.

Maybe you can help me to solve a strange problem. I have made a kind of
audio streaming external for pd. It uses the default signal-inlet to
record sound from a microphone (or a file or whatever you want). The
external encodes, packs and sends the recorded audio over network (UDP/IP).

At the same time it recieves recorded audio from the network. This audio
data is decoded and enqueued in a playout buffer and finally put out to
different signal-outlets.

The strange thing is that I can hear my own recorded audio and I can't
understand how that is possible. The recorded audio goes direct to an
outgoing buffer (written by me) and from there to the network. I never
put it out to any of the outlets. It doesn't come from the playout
buffer either. Therefore, I now suspect that I have misunderstood
something about pd:s own buffers.

I don't want to hear my own recorded audio. Does anyone know what is
wrong and what to do about it?

Thanks.

Pontus