[PD-dev] an idea for Pd structure

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Oct 18 08:54:17 CEST 2004

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> Hmm, most likely I had a knot in my brain. I was thinking about the
> wildcard feature of OSC.  A user who wants to have [receive]'s in the
> abstractions instead of passing through inlets.
> But then you would need the wildcards in [send]'s in order to access
> more than one receiver, not in the receive's.

Yes, wildcards in sends makes more sends, sorry, sense.

In OSC, only "sends" have wildcards: "/synth*/freq 120". The only
"half-wildcard" allowed in OSC targets (receives) is the literal /*
which strips off the first element.

This is so, because matching patterns with patterns is quite
difficult.

Ciao