[PD-dev] Keyspan serial control

Jasper van den Brink dwarsboomstudio at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 31 15:24:54 CEST 2005

Hello all,
I am new to pd and dont have any experience with pd to, i am learning.
What i am trying to make is a controller for a rs-232 pan/tilt unit.
I managed to give commands with zterm and it works fine. Command like pp2500
will set the pan movement to step 2500 for example.
First thing i want to try is to give commands like that with Pd.

The settings for the pan/tilt unit are:
The host terminal or computer should be set to 9600 baud, 1 start bit, 8
data bits, 1 stop bit, and no parity. Hardware handshaking and XON/XOFF are
not used.

Using OSX 10.3.9

The keyspan serial adaptor is: USA19QW181P1.]

I have been looking everywhere to see if i could find an example howto just
give simple commands to the pan/tilt unit but i cant find it anywhere.

Would somebody be able to send me a Pd patch for it?

Thanks a lot, cheers

jasper