[PD-dev] tgrills' alternate loader function

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 23 07:43:36 CET 2005

I just saw the alternate loader patch and really like that idea.  It
would be handy to write externals in any script language too.  Since
IOhannes and I have also just written alternate loaders of sorts (HEX
and libdir), it would be good to incorporate these two patches with
yours and get it into the Pd-extended builds to try it out.

There isn't enough info for me to include your patch, to start with, a
diff -uw (with context) would make for a more flexible patch.  Also, I
didn't see how to add new loader functions (I've never worked with
pointers to functions in C).

You can see IO's and my patches in CVS in packages/patches.
loaderHEX-0.39-1.patch and libdir-0.38-4.patch.  Both apply smoothly to
0.38.4 and pd in CVS.

____

scarcity."
                                                      -John Gilmore