[PD-dev] Re: PD-cvs Digest, Vol 10, Issue 15

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Dec 16 22:53:53 CET 2005

> This is exactly the reason why I am unwilling to work on pd-devel.
> I have spent far too long on build systems and creating
> cross-platform packages that actually work.  I have yet to see a
> downloadable binary that works for pd-devel since I stopped doing it
> at devel_0_37.  I have zero interest in applying my knowledge when
> all I get in return is hostility. But its all free software, so feel
> free to do so yourself.

i can't follow this point ... it's perfectly possible to write a script
in your favorite scripting language that downloads external sources
decompresses and installs them (maybe not asiosdk, since it's
proprietary)...

scons e.g. offers the possibility to download sources directly from a
cvs / svn / bitkeeper repository ... if you want to implement a
1-click solution, this would be the easiest way to go ...
but i know, you dislike scons, it's possible to do that in each other
scripting language ... possibly you can even implement this with pd ...

mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs