[PD-dev] Call for help: Pd-0.39.2-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Feb 15 06:48:17 CET 2006

Now that PD-0.38.4-extended is finally wrapping up, its time to start
working on Pd-0.39.2-extended.  I plan a number of big changes, like
namespace support improvements, and moving to Tcl/Tk 8.4.12 on Windows
and GNU/Linux, and 8.4.10 on Mac OS X.  Some Tcl/Tk 8.5a3 trial builds
would be good too.

Any help would be appreciated.  The most helpful thing would be to make
sure your code works with Pd-extended out of box.  It would be awesome
if we can point Max users and newbies to the "examples" browser and
have them open amazing patches.  There are many amazing Pd patches out
there, but most of them take a while to get running.  With Pd-extended,
its possible to have them be all set without any extra effort.

Of course, any other way you might want to help is also always
appreciated.

____

"Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism."
                                     - retired U.S. Army general,
William Odom