[PD-dev] Pd-extended build ld error

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Thu Mar 9 18:37:16 CET 2006

On 8 Mar 2006, at 11:24, David Plans Casal wrote:

> /usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol
> _RingBuffer_AdvanceReadIndex
> s_audio_paring.o definition of _RingBuffer_AdvanceReadIndex in
> section (__TEXT,__text)
>
> So. Linking problems? Is LD just playing with me?
>
> I can't find anything that would've gotten mixed up, but I'll start
> from a fresh cvs checkout if I need to.

I have just done a fresh, complete checkout using checkout-developer-
layout.sh

Then added the portaudio v19 missing sources in the pd/src dir, and
the TclTkAquaStandalone-8.4.9.dmg in packages/darwin_app

However, I'm getting exactly the same error as above, again.

Anyone else getting this? I don't have the portaudio fink package
installed anymore, so can't see what ld is complaining about...

David Plans Casal
Researcher, UEA Studios
d.casal at uea dot ac dot uk
http://www.davidcasal.com