[PD-dev] Fork problem in os x 10.5.1?

David Plans Casal dataflow at davidcasal.com
Sun Jan 20 22:09:18 CET 2008

On 18 Jan 2008, at 17:43, chris clepper wrote:

> I've been running Pd 0.40-0 with GEM but no audio on 10.5 for a
> little while and not seen this problem.

perhaps it's an audio problem? (but, the forking thing appears on
launch, and I'm amazed no-one else has seen it!)

> The solution provided at the bottom of the Apple page seems pretty
> unobtrusive although I don't know if Pd is truly a daemon or not.  I
> would think it is a user launched application, but Apple has some
> funny ideas about these things.

sure they do, I'm just weirded out none of us have spotted it
before...or that Hans' autobuild farm hasn't hit it...mind, is that
building for 10.4 still?

> OT: That webpage has scripts that launch terminal processes to load
> man pages.  Is that a really bad idea?

that seems like a bad hack, yes

david