[PD-dev] [PD] Building Externals

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 21:10:36 CEST 2008

I just joined the pd-dev list so i can keep up with this discussion.

I added a link to the GNU makefile conventions information to that
wiki page.  The info on the wiki seems pretty good though I don't
quite understand the Makefile.extended... it is my understanding that
these new makefiles are not simply for 'extended', they are an effort
to remove the 'extendedness' requirement that exists there.  It seems
to me that eventually each external should have one file simply called
"Makefile"... maybe the existing makefiles should be renamed to
Makefile.something in the mean time?

-Alex