[PD-dev] stripping down Pd-extended's default libs

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 16 18:57:27 CET 2009

Loic Kessous wrote:

> Finally, even if it is messy to understand what to use at the
> beginning, I still prefer to try things already in the extended
> distribution by default than to load things before to try.

hmm, they would all remain in the distribution, they would just not be
loaded by default.
the patch-author would have to load libraries explicitly, which would
make it (hopefully) more compatible with other distributions of Pd.
most modern programming languages do not implicitly include 3rd (or even
1st) party libraries (even though they are included in the standard
distro); see java, perl,...

fgmasdr
IOhannes