[PD-dev] pbank in build/src (aka "flatspace")

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Mon Feb 23 12:05:30 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> Hey Cyrille,
>
> I just noticed that you added pbank.c to the flatspace library.  That
> whole 'flatspace' thing is kludge,
i know, but there is no better solution yet.
>and should be deprecated, IMHO and
> just left alone.  So I think that it would be best to remove externals/
> build/src/pbank.c.
where would it go?

> For new externals, I think they should first be distributed outside of
> Pd-extended until they are stable,
pbank is stable.
it was distributed by zack settle in the jimmies for years, and i use it since 2002 or 2003.
>then things they can be included as
> libraries.
what lib?

when pd-extended or the cvs will be ordered to have directory like :
/math
/audio/math
/audio/effect
/save
/matrix

etc, then pbank and other externals would fit there.
but now it's just an ugly mess.
i don't think pbank add much to this mess.

i personally think it's time to start an other svn for pd-extendedV2, create a good structure, and copy code from 1st svn to the 2nd, without ordering by developer, but by functionality.
that's the best way to move i see, but of course that will create endless flame-war on the list.

> Also, the helpfile is named wrong, it should be pbank-help.pd, not
> help-pbank.pd.
ok, i changed it.

cyrille