[PD-dev] no sound from bsaylor/svf~ and cyclone/svf~

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 15:17:54 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> Turns out adding -fno-strict-aliasing after -ftree-vectorize does nothing, so the no sound part is indeed caused by bsaylor/svf~ being compiled with -fstrict-aliasing.

Indeed bsaylor/svf~ works again when type punning is removed (used
PD_BIGORSMALL instead to avoid subnormals). Patch file submitted to
patch tracker. Who is maintaining Ben Saylor's stuff by the way? His
name is on this maintainer's list:

http://puredata.info/dev/roles

but the list is very much outdated. There is even the name of someone
who isn't alive anymore. I'm sure I've seen another maintainer's list
somewhere, but can't find it now.

Katja