[PD-dev] OSX tcl/tk version

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jun 18 19:58:33 CEST 2013

Pd-extended on Mac OS X uses a built-in Tcl/Tk that's included inside the app.
 That is a 32-bit Carbon version, not Cocoa nor 64-bit.  Pd's Tcl code has
some issues running on Tk/Cocoa, it would be awesome if someone could try to
fix them.  I beleive they are in the bug tracker.

If you want to try with a stock Pd-extended 0.43.4, just remove the
Tcl.framework and Tk.framework from inside of the app wrapper, and it should
use the one included in /System/Library/Frameworks or /Library/Frameworks.

.hc