[PD-dev] Deken missing sources for 'iemguts/0.2.1'!

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jun 30 19:11:44 CEST 2017

On 06/30/2017 04:03 PM, alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just compiled iemguts from here[1] on a Raspberry Pi 3. I want to
> upload the compiled objects to deken, but typing:
> deken upload -v 0.2.1 iemguts/
>
> throws this error:
> Checking puredata.info for Source package for 'iemguts/0.2.1'
> Missing sources for 'iemguts/0.2.1'!
>
> Checking Pd's website I can find the sources, like here[2].

the thing is, that just because there are *some* sources of "iemguts"
uploaded on puredata.info with *a* version "0.2.1", doesn't mean that
these are the same sources as you were using to build the library.
(iirc, this is not just hypothetical; the main problem being that people
use a git/svn/vcs snapshot but use a version that just happens to be the
last official release (which might have been years ago).

> Should I go ahead and upload with --no-source-error? I guess the source
> files must be included due to GPL licensing, right?
yes.

> The source files are included in the src/ directory which is in the
> iemguts/ directory. The only thing I did was a "make", and then I
> removed the .o files from src/.

yes.

fmsadr
IOhannes