[PD-dev] Deken missing sources for 'iemguts/0.2.1'!

alex adrcki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 20:30:46 CEST 2017

On 06/30/2017 08:11 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 06/30/2017 04:03 PM, alex wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just compiled iemguts from here[1] on a Raspberry Pi 3. I want to
>> upload the compiled objects to deken, but typing:
>> deken upload -v 0.2.1 iemguts/
>>
>> throws this error:
>> Checking puredata.info for Source package for 'iemguts/0.2.1'
>> Missing sources for 'iemguts/0.2.1'!
>>
>> Checking Pd's website I can find the sources, like here[2].
> the thing is, that just because there are *some* sources of "iemguts"
> uploaded on puredata.info with *a* version "0.2.1", doesn't mean that
> these are the same sources as you were using to build the library.
> (iirc, this is not just hypothetical; the main problem being that people
> use a git/svn/vcs snapshot but use a version that just happens to be the
> last official release (which might have been years ago).
So which source do you suggest I should use? Should I better download
one of the sources included in puredata.info and go with that?

>> Should I go ahead and upload with --no-source-error? I guess the source
>> files must be included due to GPL licensing, right?
> yes.
The "yes" goes to the fact that I have to include the source code, right?

>> The source files are included in the src/ directory which is in the
>> iemguts/ directory. The only thing I did was a "make", and then I
>> removed the .o files from src/.
> yes.
I don't understand this "yes" since I didn't really ask something here.
Does it mean that I did what I was supposed to do to compile the library?
Actually I was referring to the fact that Deken's README.md in the
developer/ directory mentions that the "`deken package` tries to
automatically detect whether a package contains Sources by looking for
common source code files (*.c, *.cpp, ...).". Does it mean that it looks
in subdirectories? I guess not, otherwise it would have found all the .c
files.||||