[PD-dev] How to use sys_startgui()?

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 15 19:36:14 CEST 2017

Do I understand correctly that you're trying to run libpd _without_ the
GUI and discovering that you have to copy code from sys_fakefromgui() to
get it to work?

Or, rather, are you actually trying to start the GUI up and need to know
the path to the GUI files?

In the latter case, I was tacitly assuming that people distributing libpd
apps that wanted to be able to use Pd's GUI would bundle the entire Pd
GUI package (Wish, pd/tcl, pd/po, probably more) with their installation,
as different libpd apps might require different versions.

cheers
Miller