[PD-dev] roadmap for Pd-0.49?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 3 20:30:10 CEST 2018

On 9/2/18 2:28 AM, Miller Puckette wrote:

> Anyway, I think whatever happens to 0.49 I can deal with feature PRs anytime
> this fall and get them into a release by late winter.

because a number of PRs got merged in the last few days, i'd like to
bring PR#297 ("consistent dllextents across platforms") to your attention.

this basically uses the "amd64" suffix for the x86_64 architecture on
*all* platforms, and introduces an "arm64" extension.

more importantly, under the hood it iterates over an array of (any
number of) extensions, rather than using 2 distinct strings to provide
exactly 2 extensions.
this makes it pretty easy to add e.g. legacy extensions ("ia64" anybody?).

the PR has also been updated to include the extension handling for pd~
(finding "pdsched"), so the two places where dllextensions are searched
for now use the same code, and thus support the same extensions (the
current master will use different extensions, e.g. on the OpenBSD platform).

gfamrds
IOhannes

[297] https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/297/