[PD-dev] capabilities of data structures with externals

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 01:14:21 CET 2020

maybe not exactly the goal here but: if get/set would need only the name of
the variables and not the template, it would make it somewhat easier to use
the same patch for different purposes. e.g. [get x y z] instead of [get
somenameherewhichcanbeusedonlyinonespecificpatch x y z]

I guess an other way of making it faster to use pointers in complex
situations would be to assign pre-defined symbol-names to pointers (which
would be fixed like any other variable), instead of the codes assigned
internally - but maybe that's not really feasible to program.

And to add my two cents -