[PD-dev] multi-architecture deken packages

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 00:33:56 CEST 2021

Em qua., 14 de abr. de 2021 às 16:47, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> regarding `armv6` and `armv7` in a single folder, i'm not sure whether
> this would work:
> - if a `Pd-armv7` happens to see the `armv6` external first, it will
> just load it (and never try to `armv7` binary)
> - if a `Pd-armv6` happens to see the `armv7` external first, it will
> just try load it: and i think the *loading* would succeed, leading to
> crashes whenever an illegal (armv7-)instruction is encountered.

Ok, I got questions now on how loading works. We know .pd_linux for
instance, can be used generically for any architecture. But I guess Pd
knows if that .pd_linux file is actually good or not. Like, let's get the
zexy bundle, for instance, you have 4 linux versions there and one is
.pd_linux, how do the other 3 know that this .pd_linux. is not for them,
right? Same thing would be true for other generic extensions such as .dll I
assume.

But then, there may be an exception here only for armv6 x armv7, where
it just can't really know, right?