[PD-dev] -verbose vs logpost() (IOhannes m zmoelnig)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 14:28:17 CEST 2021

Maybe an additional -loglevel which allows you set the level explicitly? -verbose to me would set the log level to verbose overall & -noverbose would set it back to the default.

Also tangentially, I would also bring up the handling of some of these flags which affect the state: using -verbose also sets the verbose setting which is then saved wirh the user settings. I find this annoying as I would rather have the command line flags like this be *temporary* and not affect the actual setting itself. To me changing the value directly in the GUI should (as it does now). I believe I opened an issue about this already.

> On Aug 26, 2021, at 12:00 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> with the latter in mind, we might even use multiple "-noverbose" flags
> to lower the verbosity (at least of the stderr) below post() - so that
> only errors would be visible.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>