[PD-dev] Pd-dev Digest, Vol 204, Issue 11

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue May 3 23:53:26 CEST 2022

On Tue, 2022-05-03 at 23:29 +0200, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> My two cents: I have tried in the past to bundle dynamic libs
> generated/downloaded by homebrew into app distributions to run on
> other systems and *always* run into problems. It hs always been
> simpler to statically link, either to the home-brew lib or by
> building the lib(s) myself using a script or makefile. For longer
> term projects, I generally prefer to automate building the lib
> statically then linking it directly into the program.

THanks for your insight.

Please forgive the noob question, but do I have static builds of all
the dependencies available for that to work? And if I don't, do I have
to compile the dependencies  and make sure they're built statically
(which isn't always obvious to me with the various build systems).

Roman