Pd and Win 95

Junger Joerg Joerg.Junger at swisslife.ch
Thu Oct 15 12:29:30 CEST 1998

Hi list,

I was able to start Pd on my notebook (P5 133 MMX/32MB) on which Win 95 OSR
2 is installed. The built-in soundcard is a ESS 1878, additionally I have a
Emu 8710 PC-card soundcard, that is more or less a different package for a
AWE 32. Pd does not work with internal soundcard, only with the Emu, but the
performance is bad. As soon as I move the cursor around, the sound is
getting interupted. When I switch of the input, things are getting a little
bit better.
So, my question is, would a switch to Linux improve the situation or is the
machine underpowered anyway? Or would upgrading system memory and a switch
to Windows NT be better?.

Thanks in advance for all help/comments etc.

Joerg

-- Jörg Junger
-- Rentenanstalt/Swiss Life
-- Information Systems Research, CH/IFUE
-- PO Box
-- CH-8022 Zürich, Switzerland
-- phone: +41-1-711-5667
-- email: Joerg.Junger at swisslife.ch