7 questions on pd
Johannes Michael Zmölnig
madman at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Fri Nov 6 10:10:07 CET 1998
Hi folks !
Using pd on my very slow WIN95 machine I have a few questions which I
ask you to answer...
1. Is it possible to use an initialization file, and does it make any
(That´s just because I have to use thousands of flags and this is hard
work, especially when trying new configurations)
2. Why is it not possible any longer to use a working directory
different from '/directory/pd/bin' in release 0.23 (although it was in
the earlier releases) ?
(That´s just because I can´t understand why there is a BINary directory
if I have to put all my trash into it by default)
3. Is it possible to save arrays as soundfiles to disk (something
equivalent to the READ16 message) ?
(That´s just because I don´t want to convert saved arrays to soundfiles
myself all the time, although I got some very beautiful and unexpected
sounds :: in
4. Is it possible to use more than one (stereo) IN-/OUTput, and if
so, how ?
(That´s just because I have 6 or so audio-out-devices and 2
audio-in-devices on my soundcard)
5. Is it possible to switch off the MIDI-devices like the audio-devs
(That´s because I use Mark Danks´ GEM on a PC without a soundcard, and I
feel scared every timeall those horrible error messages appear on the
6. Do self-made abstractions eat up all the ressources ?
(That´s just because my Pentium wouldn´t do some patches, and so did
7. Is it clever to use a Pentium100 ?
(That´s just because I don´t think so)
Thanks in advance, and so on...
More information about the Pd-list