FW: Re[2]: midi etc

Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Fri Jan 15 03:06:22 CET 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: SETA,MICHAL,MR [mailto:BVOO at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 1999 8:40 AM
To: guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Subject: Re[2]: midi etc

>Hmm .. Not too long ago MIDI really did not work, but I hoped I had fixed
>this problem. Is your MIDI port detected in the startup messages ?

Yep, it runs midi on /dev/midi and doesn't complain.

>Yes, I think everybody will find that useful ...
>There are a lot of documentation tasks to be done.
>- The reference needs a hand (It would be great if we had the Max Alt-cli=
>ck
>style
>of reference. This should not be too hard to implement.)

That'd be great

>- Of course the general manual is lacking a lot of information.

I agree :)

>- Tutorials ...

That's part of what I was planning to do.  Maybe it's just my twisted
imagination but I see a possibility of newbie picking up pd.
Not that I'm a seasoned pd user but I find that Max background helps
a lot.

>And, of course we have to avoid duplication of effort, so the best thing =
>would
>be if
>Kerry told us what he plans to do and where we (you :)) can help.

My idea was to do a little tutorial/getting-started-guide.
Max-style.  I find Max documentatio terrific so I thought it'd be nice
to tailor something in a similar way.

>Ah .. and if you put your HTML pages online let us know ...

I will

| Michal Seta
|
|         http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1257/

  It's only when I know what I'm doing that it's boring  |
                                              j cage     |