Real-time priority

Guenter Geiger guenter.geiger at psp-vie.be.philips.com
Wed Apr 7 09:37:29 CEST 1999

<snip>

> Now I have been messing around with jMax/fts and it runs
> well... would pd
> run as well under real-time system tunings?

Yes, it would run more reliable with realtime scheduling, regarding
audio dropouts.
I never had too much improvement using "nice" values.
I know how to do it "correctly" from the Linux side, we just have to team up and
make
a solution for SGI too. Maybe a goal for 0.26 ? ( .. uh  version 0.26 already :)

Guenter