Online Tcl/Tk resources

Michael A. Thompson mat0001 at jove.acs.unt.edu
Mon Oct 4 08:08:59 CEST 1999

Well, I would not mind if tcl/tk was left in the dust. I like it and its easy to
use and work with but it sucks CPU time and there is not that much you can do
about it.  it does have some good things built into it...

I think that if pd-gui is redone in c/c++ then it will need to be done in a
cross platform way with a cross platform toolkit like fltk, wxWindows, qt,
etc... all of these have unix (IRIX, LINUX, BSD) ports as well as windows95-NT
support and are open source (except for the windows version of qt). FLTK has
OpenGL/GLUT support already and somebody has a simple multi-threaded design for
it. wxWindows has MacOS support ... and all these are c++ toolkits although FLTK
is a more simple design, very C like, with support for the programmer to make
their app more c++ in design if they choose.... a few  c programmers I know use
it because they dont have to dive into the c++ world that heavy.... and it has a
GUI designer app with it...

anyway....

--
Michael A. Thompson