Coding

Israelbenz at aol.com Israelbenz at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 08:44:20 CEST 1999

I was talking to some cat last night, and he said something about JavaSynth
(spelling?) being really great.  I know another person who did a modularized
version of CSound using Java resources.  My take on the subject is that Java
is great for some things, but as I believe someone noted on this list, the
Java honeymoon is over.  I'm personally a fan of C++.  Perhaps a good
approach would be to do the guts of your app(s) in portable C++, recompiling
as needed for target platforms, and then do the front end in Java.  Maybe
this will give you the best of both worlds.

Ben,

Sometimes you can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want, so you
have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream. --Frank Zappa