ALSA version of pd

Karl W. MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Mon Nov 8 15:22:32 CET 1999

Guenter,

I have done quite a bit of work on the ALSA code - it compiles cleanly and
is almost working.  I should have it finished in a couple of days - though
I may get you to take a look at a couple of sections.  The ALSA version I
am using is .0.4.1.d - I think that you will need at least version 0.4 for
this code.

Karl

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Guenter Geiger wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Ok, I bought this four channel Trident based card from Hoontech.
> There is only an ALSA driver for it.
> My recent tests with ALSA (note I haven´t had installed ALSA for more
> than a year) showed my the the code needs a considerable amount of
> rework.
>
> Has anyone (Miller ?) started with ALSA support.
> If not so, I 'll do it (and I will try to do it right this time :).
>
> Ah, and yes pd and ALSA currently do work in OSS simulation
> mode, but just with the -frags flag, which triggers the old
> OSS behaviour, and in output only mode, ... not too good.
>
> Guenter

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services           |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| 410/659-8297                                      |