ALSA version of pd

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.Edu
Mon Nov 8 18:15:31 CET 1999

Yes...  I'm trying to get Pd to work with Alsa for the upcoming release.
There's one difficulty I'm having: if you compile Pd with Alsa, it won't
run on machines that doesn't have Alsa installed, because it will need
the shared library!  Does anyone know how one can distribute programs
that can select Alsa at run time but can still start up when there's no Alsa
library???

thanks
Miller