linux compile probs

umläute zmoelnig at iem.mhsg.ac.at
Fri Feb 4 14:46:11 CET 2000

Timmy B wrote:

> Hi Kids,
>
> perhaps I am behind the times, a 0.26 release. But I wanted to look
> at the error messages in the (non-functioning) midi startup
> routines, so I started a recompile with some debug messages.
>
> haha very strange holiday activities i hear you say
>
> so now it doesn't start anymore, it seems that the call to
> pd-gui is crashing (calling pd-gui direct segfaults) and
> the pd process is waiting around for it forever. starting
> pd-gui with some error message fprintfs tells me that
> Tk_Main is being called but not calling Tcl_AppInit before
> the segfault.
>
> any ideas? what might I have forgotten? please tell!

me thinketh, that the makefile.linux was somewhat corrupt, so maybe you
should watch out for any building errors.
especially the "make install" went wrong all the time, as i remember.

On the other hand, you seem to indicate, that pd-gui is found correctly
but than crashes, and therefore i might be completely wrong

mfg.gfd.
hannes