midi PCMCIA

Raffaele Turra mynews at libero.it
Sat Mar 4 15:06:47 CET 2000

At 02/03/00 23.08.00, you wrote:
>	I'm re-doing interactive sets I did for a chamber opera that will be
>performed in Vienna at the end of April.
When-Where, exactly?
I'm really interested.

> Do I need a PCMCIA midi card or is there a way to
>get midi input through the serial port.  If I need the card, can anyone
>suggest an affordable midi i/o PCMCIA card?

I confirm what Stephen says: a good and affordable MIDI i/f could be a parallel/serial one.
I mounted for my customs some Voyetra, years ago, here in Italy around 100$ (but i think
they can be cheaper, out there!!!): they ran quite good, really slightly with no prays :)

Other brands:
Key Electronics, produced excellents MS-101 and MS-103 (100-120$) in early 90s, but
never heard again;
Midiman, has in catalogue two or three external MIDIs, i run them in many setups with no
problem at all, but i don't remember prices (around 150$)
Opcode

In alternative, you can see a company named DDD, they have a really interesting serial-to-
MIDI adapter, midiLink, really cheap (60 UK Pounds). look at www.dankadata.com.

 Xcuse me for the lack of infos.

Raffaele Turra