run pd under suselinux6.1

Norbert Math math at alien.mur.at
Wed Apr 12 00:27:36 CEST 2000

"Karl W. MacMillan" wrote:

> I used Suse 6.3 for a while and went nuts trying to find the right
> packages to make pd-gui compile.  I assume the problem is that there is no
> 'tk.h'?  I eventually removed all the tcl/tk suse packages and just
> downloaded tcl/tk from www.scriptics.com and compiled it myself (actually
> the eventual solution was to go back to redhat, but that is not what you
> are asking about).

starting from suse 6.0, i had the same problems - pd > 0.26 did not
compile
and the precompiled versions did not work. I upgraded my machine from
suse 6.0 to 6.3 (via yast) and then pd-gui crashed leaving the pd thread
running like crazy and not reacting either to pd-watchdog or kill -9 ...

recently i installed suse6.3 from scratch on a new machine and,
surprise,
surprise, the compiled pd (millers version) run like a charm...
seems that just upgrading suse does not correct the broken tcl-tk
headers.

norbert